I can’t believe my Isla girl is already 8 weeks old! I have loved learning how to become the best mom for her. It hasn’t been easy figuring everything out, but half the fun is trying everything and then making a decision on what’s best for you.
Before I had Isla I’d spend hours online researching what others recommended having in their diaper bag. Every article I found said something different, but now that Isla is a month and a half old I’ve figured out what works best for us. So today I’ve teamed up with The Honest Company to share with you what I keep in my diaper bag!
- Honest Wipes: I swear by these! I ran out once and had to resort to a different brand of wipes and Isla instantly got a diaper rash. It was so sad! I will never let myself run out again!
- Honest Diapers: Depending on how long I’m gone changes the number of diapers I pack, but I usually keep 3-4 on hand. And how cute is this print?!
- Honest Organic Healing Balm: If Isla’s bum ever gets irritated I use it or when either of us get dry skin it clears it right up!
- Honest Hand Sanitizer Spray: I love that this comes in a spray bottle. I’ve already been through 3 bottles – I use it a thousand times a day!
- Honest Sunscreen Lotion: I try to keep Isla out of the sun but with it being summertime I always keep sunscreen on her and I always have it in my bag so we can both use it.
- Nursing Cover: I use this when I nurse her in public. It’s so much easier than a blanket because I don’t have to deal with it falling off.
- Nipple Balm: I use this right after I nurse to prevent cracks and bleeding. It can also be used as chapstick.
- Nursing pads: I always have these in my bag to prevent leaking. One time I didn’t have them with me and we were out to lunch and I got 2 big circles on my boobs and it was super embarrassing! So now I never leave the house without them.
- Colic Drops: Whenever Isla has an upset stomach or trapped gas I give her 5 drops once a day and it helps her tummy.
- Binky: I always keep 2 binkies incase I lose one or one drops on the floor.
- Onesie: I keep this in my bag incase of a blowout or spit up. Always have an extra change of clothes!
- Socks: I keep a pair of socks on hand for when it’s too hot for a blanket but she wants her feet covered.
- Nasal Cleaner: I always have this with me for when Isla’s nose gets clogged or when she’s having trouble breathing. It clears her nose right out!
- Tote Insert: I use this insert to put in all my totes. I love that is has a bunch of different compartments to keep me organized. It instantly converts any tote into a diaper bag.
Also, The Honest Company is offering a promotion for Pink Peonies readers! Use code PINKPEONIES35OFF for 35% off your first bundle purchase. Offer valid for first time buyers only, now through July 7th. Offer cannot be combined with other coupons or promotions. This offer is only to be redeemed one per customer and cannot be applied to Shipping & Handling charges, International surcharge, taxes, previous purchases, current bundles, the purchase of gift cards or gift bundles. Terms of offer are subject to change.
Brought to you by The Honest Company.
Photos by Emily Egan.