I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite salads to make, especially with the Fourth coming up this weekend! I love to pair this salad with Tri-Tip Steak or BBQ chicken made on the Traeger. The dressing is also a huge hit and pairs amazing with any type of BBQ sauce!
– Mixed Greens (I use use a box of Earthbound Farm Organic Spring Mix)
– 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (I sprinkle mine with sea salt)
– 2 or 3 Avocados
– ½ Cup Black Beans (rinsed)
– ½ Cup Yellow Corn (fresh off cob or frozen)
– ⅓ Cup Feta Cheese
– Dice tomatoes and avocados
– In a large mixing bowl, mix all salad toppings w/lettuce.
– Serve with dressing and desired protein!
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
– 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
– ½ cup Stonyfield Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
– 1 garlic clove
– Juice of 2 limes
– 1 teaspoon honey (I like to add extra honey)
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
– ½ jalapeno (seeds and stem removed, optional)
– Add the cilantro, yogurt, garlic, honey, salt and jalapeño (if using), into a blender or a food processor. Add in lime juice with a press and put the lid on and blend. With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Adjust with a little more salt or honey if desired.
– Pour the dressing into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.