Summer Salad & Dressing...
I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite salads to make, especially with the Fourth coming up this weekend! I love to pair this salad with Tri-Tip Steak or BBQ chicken made on the Traeger. The dressing is also a huge hit and pairs amazing with any type of BBQ sauce!
- Mixed Greens (I use use a box of Earthbound Farm Organic Spring Mix)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (I sprinkle mine with sea salt)
- 2 or 3 Avocados
- ½ Cup Black Beans (rinsed)
- ½ Cup Yellow Corn (fresh off cob or frozen)
- ⅓ Cup Feta Cheese
- Dice tomatoes and avocados
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all salad toppings w/lettuce.
- Serve with dressing and desired protein!
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Stonyfield Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon honey (I like to add extra honey)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ jalapeno (seeds and stem removed, optional)
- Add the cilantro, yogurt, garlic, honey, salt and jalapeño (if using), into a blender or a food processor. Add in lime juice with a press and put the lid on and blend. With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Adjust with a little more salt or honey if desired.
- Pour the dressing into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.