Are you tired of your same boring salad recipes? Well, I have good news for you! I am so excited to share one of my favorite salad recipes from The Food Nanny. This orzo salad recipe is so fresh, and delicious and it's easy to make! I hope you enjoy it!
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1 boneless/skinless chicken breast chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
3 Tablespoons shallot or red onion chopped
3 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
3 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
6 grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled
1/2 cup pine nuts or toasted almonds optional
1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Set aside
- Cook the Orzo according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm. Set aside
- Wipe off the chicken with a wet paper towel. Chop. Salute the chopped chicken in the olive oil and butter until cooked through about 4 min. Keep warm. Set aside.
- In a medium size, bowl add cooked orzo, onion, dill, parsley, tomatoes, cheese, and nuts if using. Mix in the warm chicken and arugula. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
- Serve with warm Naan bread or french Baguette.