Happy Monday! I hope you’re all hanging in there! I’ve gotten such a great response from sharing my recipes I thought I would archive them all here so it’s easy for you to come back and find them!
First up, my favorite... Honey Lime BBQ Crockpot Chicken.
This dish is super versatile and easy to make! Today I’m sharing how I pair the chicken to make a delicious Southwest Rice Bowl but there are so many options with this chicken... tacos, salads, and quesadillas to name a few.
– 6 Chicken Breasts
– ½ cup of Honey
– 1 cup BBQ Sauce
– Lime juice (1-2 limes)
– Salt and Pepper
– Brown Rice (I use Grain Trust)
– Black Beans (rinsed)
– Corn (I like to use fresh or frozen over canned)
– Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
– Cherry Tomatoes
– Tortilla Strips
– Purple Onion
– Sour Cream
- Place 6 rinsed and thawed chicken breasts into crock pot.
- Over the chicken pour the honey, BBQ sauce, juice of 2 limes. Salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ - 3 hrs.
- Once chicken is cooked, take two forks and shred.
- Next, add a ⅓ cup more honey and ⅓ cup more BBQ sauce. Mix together with shredded chicken.
- Cook brown rice and prepare all of your toppings.
- Once rice is done, mix all ingredients and toppings together. Add some salt to taste and enjoy!