Graham streusel topping (melted butter, crushed graham crackers, pecans, and brown sugar) in white mixing bowl. I could seriously just eat this straight out of the bowl!
The icing on the cake! It's so satisfying to drizzle the icing over the warm graham streusel coffee cake!
Graham Streusel Coffee Cake - Recipe From The Food Nanny
3/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 melted butter
1 yellow butter cake mix, mixed as directed on the pkg.
2 tablespoon sour cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the rack in the middle position of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a small bowl mix the crackers, chopped nuts, brown sugar, and melted butter together. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the cake mix as directed on the package, adding 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking oil. Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle half the streusel on top of the cake batter. Repeat.
- Bake for 35min. or until a wooden skewer comes out almost clean. (A bit of soft crumb on the skewer is good)
- Mix the powdered sugar milk and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over top warm cake. serve.