It’s no news that I love to cook. It’s where I unwind at the end of a long day, and it always makes me feel so fulfilled to watch my husband and hungry littles enjoy a home-cooked meal. Chicken Gary happens to be one of my favorite meals to cook because 1) It’s so easy to prepare, and 2) The smell is incredible and reminds me of growing up. My sisters and I requested this meal all the time, and my mom would always rise to the occasion. I posted this meal a few months ago, and I got so much positive feedback that I had to give it a permanent spot on my blog. It’s the perfect cold-weather meal for cozy nights in, so be sure to check it out for the holidays. And of courese, please share photos of your finished product and tag @rachparcell on Instagram so I can see all your creative versions of Chicken Gary.
Chicken Gary Recipe:
– 6 Chicken Breasts
– ½ Cup of Butter
– 1 Heaping cup of Flour
– Mrs. Dash or mix Rosemary, Oregano, Cumin, Cayenne and Garlic
– 1 Quart of Heavy Cream or Half & Half
– 3-5 Ounces of Parmesan Cheese
– 3 Cups of Jasmine Rice
1. Mix spices and flour together in a large bowl (to coat the chicken breasts)
2. Use ½ Teaspoon of each seasoning to substitute Mrs. Dash
3. Melt ½ cup butter in a medium bowl
4. Dip the chicken into the butter and then into the flour mixture and place in a casserole dish. Layer the chicken as you place into the pan.
5. Slowly pour the cream over the top of the chicken.
6. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for one hour.
And that’s it—so easy, so delicious, and so simple!