We recently got home from a glorious vacation to Maui. It was paradise and we had such an incredible time. I had an overwhelming number of questions about our time there, where we stayed and ate so I thought I would put together a post for you so it's all in one place.
A little note about our travel to Hawaii: Drew and I followed all CDC precautions and regulations to ensure we were vacationing safely. Before boarding our flight we provided proof of our negative COVID tests; we then followed all rules for airport, airline, resort, and contact-tracing procedures. We've been taking COVID very seriously and only wanted to travel in a way that felt safe, responsible, and conscientious!
Our Resort in Maui
We stayed at one of our all-time favorite resorts, the Montage Kapalua Bay. We've been visiting this property for years now and one day Drew and I would love to own a property there. The grounds and views are breathtaking and the resort feels more secluded because the property isn't stacked up against rows and rows of hotels. Every time we visit I feel like we're in our own world. Everything felt a bit different this year (so many local businesses are either closed temporarily or shut down permanently), but I was happy to see they are increasing efforts to safely reopen and see how eager they are to revive the tourist industry.
Our Favorite Restaurants
I was so happy to see my favorite restaurants still in business and open to serve their masterpieces. My Favorite Restaurants in Hawaii...
- Kimo's (one of my favorite dinners on the island).
- Leilani's (best chicken nachos on Maui, perfect lunch or casual dinner spot).
- Cool Cat Cafe (their chicken, hamburgers and shakes are amazing. This is always a hit with any group we travel with).
- Cane + Canoe at Montage (we go here for breakfast pretty much every morning. The Cinnamon French Toast is amazing!).
- Mama's Fish House (truly one of my favorite restaurants in the entire world. The ambiance and the food are equally incredible. A must try!
- Monkey Pod is super good pizzas and fries! They also have amazing fish. Perfect for a low key dinner.
- Merriman's is another one of my favorite restaurants. All their food is sourced local so it's incredibly fresh. The Filet is my favorite there! Magical at sunset.
- The Gazebo is a famous breakfast spot on the island and it lives up to its reputation. Drew loves this place. I get the mac nut pancakes and he gets their famous fried rice dish.
- Montage Pool Side Food: Most days for lunch we order poolside. Their Chicken Nachos w/fresh Guac.
Skincare, Hair, and Beauty Items I Pack on Vacation...
- TrueCider Anti-Aging Serum
- Moisturizer helps to extend the length of you tan, so I always add travel with my Necessaire lotion.
- This Loving Tan self-tanner is my go-to for a spray tanned look on the go. I put it on after I have showered at night with a mitt and then use the dual complexion brush to apply it on my face. When I wake up, I take a quick shower and I'm off.
- Supergoop! Glow Screen
- Dual complexion brush
- I've been using this Jo Malone scent for years, and bring this size with me on all my trips.
- Oribe hair oil.
- Unite’s leave-in conditioner
- La Mer lip volumizer—My sister gave me this lipgloss for Christmas and I don't go anywhere without it.
- I wear this rapid Dry hair wrap while I do my makeup and then just wear this air dried look for dinner. So nice and easy.
- Necessaire natural deodorant
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer is my go-to when I don't want to wear makeup. It has SPF protection and is super lightweight.
Apparel and Accessories I brought to Hawaii
- Black Criss cross swimsuit
- Blue puff sleeve dress
- Beach Riot two-piece is so cute and flattering
- Bay cut out sandals
- Straw Panama Hat
- Knit bone swim suit coverup
- Mermaid dress
- Aviator sunglasses
- Eternity band—This was everyone's favorite item form my Hawaii picks.
- Romantic puff sleeve dress
- One shoulder cut-out swimsuit
- IVL Collective Watercolor shorts
- Black one piece swimsuit
- IVL Collective tank bra
- Leopard cover up
^^Mermaid-inspired beach dress from Rococo
^^I also packed some new RP dresses! Above is the eyelet A-line dress and below is the flirty fit-and-flare. (Both will be available to shop March 14th!)
^^Pink Mini Floral Rachel Parcell Flirty Fit-and-Flare (Coming March 14th!)
That's all from Maui for now! I'm so excited for warmer weather and new adventures this year. Stay tuned for my upcoming collection launch and don't forget to tag your RP style moments on Instagram!